Paulicus Maximus

Welcome to my blog - land of the free and home of the brave!!
I'm definitely on a journey right now. For the better part of my life I thought I had it all figured out. I was walking along, enjoying life. Then about two years ago everything started to fall apart and now I have no idea where I'm headed or how to get there. I realize more each day just how little I really have figured out.

Friday, November 11, 2005

Killing Time....

Well...it's 4:36 on Friday afternoon. I'm sitting at work waiting for a customer to come by. I know that no ones coming by. I should consider myself lucky to have seen one person today. But...ethics and integrity bind me here until the clock strikes 5:00...and so I wait. As I wait I think I'll treat you to some random thoughts.

The weekend's coming. Usually that's a good thing but I work both Saturday and Sunday so nothing really to look forward to. And then there's the dreaded church search that will commence on Sunday morning. Will we end up somewhere? And if so, where will that place be? Only time will tell.

I've always wanted cool hair. My hair sucks. No one has EVER in my life ever come up to me and said, "Wow, nice hair." Just once I would like to hear that. I would know it's a bold-faced lie, but I'd like it anyway.

Have you ever noticed how nice people are hard to trust? I mean, there's this underlying notion that everyone's in it for themselves and with not-nice people you get what you'd expect. They may put on a smile for you but in their eyes you can tell that they're sharpening the knives with which to stab you in the back. With nice people you're always waiting for the catch. You're waiting for them to pounce on you like a crouching lion and yet they never do. Could it be that there really are selfless, servant-hearted people out there?

So...I'm filling out job applications lately. My question is, on the section where I'm supposed to list my valuable qualities can I put cynicism? I mean seriously, it's a gift. You either have it or you don't, and I definitely have it. And let me just say that it does wonders for office dynamics. Cynicism is an underrated commodity in our crazy world.

Okay, well I've stalled enough for now. On a happier note, I'm off to Ken's Steakhouse in Amber where I'll be gorging myself and most likely committing the sin of gluttony. But at least I'll feel bad while I do it. And don't forget, it's Veteran's Day so if you see a veteran make sure you shake their hand. The price of freedom is much higher than many of us will ever realize. So despite your feelings on the current fiasco in Iraq make sure you give some props to the guys (and girls) on the wall.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home