Paulicus Maximus

Welcome to my blog - land of the free and home of the brave!!
I'm definitely on a journey right now. For the better part of my life I thought I had it all figured out. I was walking along, enjoying life. Then about two years ago everything started to fall apart and now I have no idea where I'm headed or how to get there. I realize more each day just how little I really have figured out.

Thursday, September 14, 2006

WikiHow - Wow!

Okay, put this one in your random file because that's where it belongs. I just wanted to share this great source of useless information with you.

About a year ago I started using GMail as my primary e-mail program. Along with that I had committed to using Google as my default search engine. They have this really cool portal that allows me to store links to all my pertinent information on one page. Additionally I was able to add all kinds of new and exciting information that they made readily available to me. One of those was a little site called "wikiHow - The How-To Manual that Anyone Can Write or Edit." And as the title my lead you to believe, you can find a how-to for just about anything you want to know. Each day they feature a new how-to which broadens my skills in all sorts of areas where I am deficient. I mean where else could I go to learn how to remove a hickey and deal with jealousy all at the same time?

If that's not enough I can also learn how to overlay sectional aeronautical charts in Google Earth and draw a caveman. Love being what it is in our culture I can learn how to date a hopelessly romantic person when I am not hopelessly romantic and when that doesn't work for me I can learn how to survive a long fall or cheat a polygraph test. One that is of great importance to me of late is learning how to retire in my 30's. Nearly two-hundred thousand people have read this article that basically just tells you to work 100 hours a week and buy nothing for 15 years and then you're set. Since I've missed the boat on that one I'm going to stick to learning how to run up a wall and flip. When that's finished then I'm going to learn how to survive a freestyle rap battle.

Oh, and for those of you in trouble with the law, have no fear. I've already looked at the ones which tells me how to help a friend who gets arrested in the middle of the night and how to deal with being in prison. One suggestion I'll give you for free, use liquid soap.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home