Paulicus Maximus

Welcome to my blog - land of the free and home of the brave!!
I'm definitely on a journey right now. For the better part of my life I thought I had it all figured out. I was walking along, enjoying life. Then about two years ago everything started to fall apart and now I have no idea where I'm headed or how to get there. I realize more each day just how little I really have figured out.

Monday, August 14, 2006

How Many Evangelicals??

How many evangelicals are dismayed today at even the slightest chance that there might be peace in the Middle East? Many evangelical leaders appear to be hoping for a doomsday scenario that eventually sees the entire region plunged into an all out war with Israel. This is because God, in his infinite weirdness, is going to swoop down just in time to collect all the good Christians, and leave the rest of the world to face hell on earth. So everyone else's doomsday is the Christians eternal vacation. Apparently that's because we as Christians are above judgment and retribution for our sins. Or maybe it's because our struggles with gluttony, lust, divorce, and the like are much less worthy of condemnation than homosexuality, flag burning, and abortion. Anyway, the point is the first atomic bomb is our ticket to paradise baby!

Probably the only ones breathing a sigh of relief today are Tim LaHaye and Jerry Jenkins, who still have a few more novels to squeeze out in their Left Behind series which many Christians have unofficially accepted as the most accurate modern translation of Revelation. Nicaloe Carpathia is in there, trust me! As long as unrest and all out war remain just on the horizon these two guys can continue to profit from the hysteria and utter silliness that is dispensationalism.

Personally I'm not optimistic about lasting peace or even a lasting cease fire but at least people are able to consider the possibility of returning to their homes today without the fear of carrying out the bodies of their dead children as the cost. That's something that I hope all Christians can agree on. Pray for the peace of Jerusalem they say.

P.S. - In case of rapture this blog will be unmanned...haha, yeah right.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home