Paulicus Maximus

Welcome to my blog - land of the free and home of the brave!!
I'm definitely on a journey right now. For the better part of my life I thought I had it all figured out. I was walking along, enjoying life. Then about two years ago everything started to fall apart and now I have no idea where I'm headed or how to get there. I realize more each day just how little I really have figured out.

Monday, January 16, 2006

The End of an Era

Well an era officially comes to an end tomorrow. I have finally found the gainful employment I have been looking for. It wasn't what I hoped it would be, yet I am excited about what awaits me. Beginning tomorrow I will be the Network Administrator of the Oklahoma Personal Employees Retirement System. So far, each of the people I have met that are associated with the place are incredibly nice and seem genuinely excited to have me as a part of the team. Now that's something I'm not so used to.

Anyway, I've been thinking about what this means for me. In one sense it's the next step following life after "full-time" ministry. In another sense it's the chance for me to begin to put flesh on what I feel God has been teaching me all these months. I've been praying for the people I have yet to meet, asking God to give me the chance to share his love with them. Of course, I follow that up with an immediate prayer for the courage to share since I am very confident he will give me the chance.

For those few who read this, please remember to pray for me in the next few days. I am excited about moving on from where I have been and I am also excited about the challenge of re-entering into the computer industry. So much has changed since I was last there.

In addition to starting a new job I also start my last semester of undergraduate work tomorrow. I will be taking 15 hours, which will be quite a feet working 40 hours a week at the same time. I had considered stretching it out, but that would have been a major let down since I have been excitedly looking forward to this semester and being finished since I left the church. In light of that I decided to make this a suicide semester and just do whatever I had to do to get it all finished. So, in just a few short months I will have a B.S. of Religion from Liberty University!! Not exactly as excited about that as I once was when I started but I'm considering it a building block towards future schooling that awaits. Maybe I'll share some of that in the near future.

So tomorrow I will be praying for each of you, that you will be given opportunities to reflect the love, grace, and mercy of Christ wherever he has you. Pray the same for me.

Peace,
Paul

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home