Paulicus Maximus

Welcome to my blog - land of the free and home of the brave!!
I'm definitely on a journey right now. For the better part of my life I thought I had it all figured out. I was walking along, enjoying life. Then about two years ago everything started to fall apart and now I have no idea where I'm headed or how to get there. I realize more each day just how little I really have figured out.

Monday, January 16, 2006

On this Martin Luther King Jr. Holiday

One more post before I call it quits for the day. I just wanted to take a minute to celebrate all that this holiday stands for. In my part of the country it has only been recently that schools and other institutions recognize this day but that's not surprising since we live in a very southerly direction. My hope is that today gave everyone at least some small pause to realize that there is injustice in the world and our calling is not one of passivity but rather of activity. We honor a man who saw injustice and refused to sit by and allow it to happen. And today is not just about Martin Luther King Jr. but about all those in the past who have stood against institutions and people of power on behalf of the oppressed and needy. So in that spirit, happy Martin Luther King Jr. Day!

On a similar note, my brother-in-law began a new phase in his life last week. He and his wife accepted a position as youth pastor in a small northwestern Oklahoma town. This is a major life-change for both of them and yet a great opportunity to live out all that God has been teaching them in a new and probably unexpected environment. He blogs about his thoughts and you can find it here: www.xanga.com/obujimmy. His post for today reflects his heart and I'm excited to see how God works that out in the lives of his students.

Well I better head to bed. I've bee quite spoiled by my 11am - 5pm work schedule. It's going to be quite an adjustment to transition to an 8am - 5pm job!

Peace,
Paul

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home