Paulicus Maximus

Welcome to my blog - land of the free and home of the brave!!
I'm definitely on a journey right now. For the better part of my life I thought I had it all figured out. I was walking along, enjoying life. Then about two years ago everything started to fall apart and now I have no idea where I'm headed or how to get there. I realize more each day just how little I really have figured out.

Monday, May 15, 2006

I r a graduet

In the famous words of a really important guy from history, "It is finished." I have completed the course work for my undergrad degree. It's hard to sum up how I feel about this great accomplishment. I mean, so much has changed as a result. The sun seems brighter, the grass is greener, the song of the birds is sweeter. Think of all the doors that have now been opened up to me. Things that were but a dream last week are now an unbelievable reality. I am at the zenith of my existence, the pinnacle of blah blah blah...okay enough of that garbage.

The truth is it feels good to graduate but it really doesn't change much. I got up this morning and followed the same routine, went to the same place, am doing the same thing. So...it is a little anti-climactic. But it is definitely a step forward and it leads to another step and another. And eventually along the journey I'll feel a greater sense of accomplishment.

Even though it's a little anti-climactic there are some changes that I'm looking forward to. I'm trying to compile a list that all starts with the letter "G". Here's what I've got so far:

  • Girl - The stars have aligned and for the first time in the history of our marriage my wife and I have a break at the same time so I'll be enjoying some extra q.t. with her.
  • Guitar - Wanna learn to play so I can be cool with everybody else.
  • Golf - It's about time. Everyone else in my family plays about 10 times a week so I'm tired of being the left-out loser.
  • Grass - I want to devote some serious time to my lawn. I have visions of flowers and plants that actually last more than a few weeks in the baking Oklahoma sun. My grass will be lush and green. I also hope to put a sidewalk in on the side of my house and a pad to put my trashcans on. You had no idea I was so handily inclined.
  • Garbage - This one is a stretch. I want to watch some T.V. When the wife starts working on the next round in her pursuit of being Dr. Paul's Wife I'll be left to myself and I hope to doing some vegging in front of the tube.
That's really all for now. I'll be working on adding to the list in the days to come. I also want to spend more time posting here and on other places in the blogosphere. There is so much activity going on in the world and Christendom, especially among Southern Baptists, and I want to be involved in the dialogue and discussion. So look for me to be popping up here and there in the coming weeks.

Peace and Love,
Paul

2 Comments:

At 6/27/2006 2:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 8/13/2006 3:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home